Sunday, November 23, 2008

Warm and fuzzy, one more time...

Well, it is a week of awesome with a side of awesome sauce, because Shannon C. at The Good, the Bad, the Unread just reviewed Healer's Touch, and though she didn't love it like she loved Crossing Swords, she gave it a B+.

Here's some of what she had to say:

As Ms. Saell said in an e-mail to me, this book is essentially one long seduction. I'm not sure I would have believed anyone could actually wring that much of a story out of a prolonged seduction, Ms. Saell does so wonderfully. I loved watching Aru gradually begin to succumb to the many and varied ways Viera used to seduce him. This was one of those books where none of the sex felt gratuitous. And since Viera and Aru were already friends at the start of the story, I believed in their romance.

In addition to Aru and Viera, we get a great secondary romance between one of Aru's patients and an apothecary. Karal, said apothecary, absolutely stole the show in whatever scenes he was in, and I hope that Ms. Saell does more with him.

I do have Bound by Steel, which is the third book in this series, on my TBR, and I will definitely be revisiting this world again soon. Fans of fantasy romance should pick up this series. The characters are great, the world-building is subtle but well-done, and the plots are interesting!

I am totally jazzed. Especially since the book is probably almost half sex, and she didn't think any of it was gratuitous. Wahoo!

1 comment:

Seeley deBorn said...

Woo hoo! And no, not gratuitous at all.

(word ver: expli lol missing the last syllable, but appropriate)