Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Reading Trail: July

From the Trail Head at VoireyLinger.com:

Follow this trail and discover great new writers this summer. These free reads include short stories, serial installments, deleted scenes and book excerpts from published and unpublished authors. This trail will run from the beginning of June through the end of September, and stops will be updated on the first of every month, so you can enjoy a summer of reading. You are encouraged to explore authors' websites and blogs, to take a moment to leave them a comment and to bookmark sites and visit often.

My own contribution to the July Trail is a brief erotic scene (m/m, f/f(/m)) connected to my upcoming release, The Chancellor's Bride. This particular scene does not appear in the novel--in fact, this will be the only place you'll be able to read it until (unless?) I get my butt in gear and write the rest of the story.

From the moment I wrote Collin and Harral's characters in Bound by Steel, I was determined to give them their own story, and that's what I did in The Chancellor's Bride. But when C's B begins, Col and Harral are already an established couple. Part of me still wanted to explore the very beginning of their relationship, that initial spark that drew them to one another. I wrote their first meeting a few months ago with the intention of posting it as a free read as release day approached. The July Trail gave me a great opportunity to do that.

Hope you all enjoy! And don't forget to follow the trail and read more stuff by some great writers!

6 comments:

Amy C said...

I am so going to check this out later!

This is a great idea.

LVLM(Leah) said...

Umm... are you getting your butt into gear and writing the rest of the story? Please?

Yowza, that is exactly what I like to read.

kirsten saell said...

LOL, Leah. Lianon & Rhianna first, then my f/f/m for EC, then we'll see...

Chaeya said...

I so look forward to reading. I got so freakin' busy and then zoned out most of June, I still haven't finished my edits. Oh Kirsten, I did buy Crossing Swords and I look forward to digging in it soon.

kirsten saell said...

Cool beans, Chaeya. Let me know what you think of it--even if you think it sucked balls. I can take it. :)

I haven't ventured onto the reading trail yet, though I did read Mima's f/f (linked from my stop) a while ago and thought it was sweet.

I am about 3500 words into that f/f/m I'm aiming at EC, though. Busy busy busy...

word ver: micalcia

laughingwolf said...

hey k... great idea, keep it going :)